Raven-Woods Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raven-Woods Forum

A site made by and for fans of good simulation games.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

WOLF plan files on my laptop?!?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Please_Help_ME

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2013-11-15

WOLF plan files on my laptop?!? Empty
PostSubject: WOLF plan files on my laptop?!?   WOLF plan files on my laptop?!? Icon_minitime15/11/13, 09:21 pm

I KNOW THIS IS DOESNT REALLY FIT THE CATEGORY OF 'YOUR ADVENTURES', BUT IT WAS BETTER THAN OTHERS
So a few months ago I had logged onto my computer to find my whole screen was covered in files, all labeled different things(some labeled wolf/with the word wolf), and most of them were note files. I became very confused, and for a little while I had thought it was some form of virus, so I became cautious with my laptop for the next few days.
Now that I think about it, this happened 6 days after finding out about the WOLF game.
This next part may be a bit confusing....
So today, the day I made this post, I got bored so I opened the folder I had put all the strange files into. At that moment I remembered you can see the dates of the folders, so I only checked a few, and they all said *2/14/1998*, BEFORE I was born, and WAY BEFORE my laptop was made. I thought about it some more, looking through some of the note files. I could only access the note files, because the others needed some different application to open them correctly. One of them said this, and I copied/quote:
Object:   Find the den.                                     Difficulty:  Beginner                                       Task:    You are Hercules, a male wolf without                      a sense of smell, who is very far from                      your den.                                                   Can you find the den in just one day?               Object:   Find a missing cub.                               Difficulty:  Intermediate                                   Task:    You are Blackmuzzle, a female wolf,                        who has to find your missing cub.                           Can you find the cub in just two days?              Object:   Kill a big moose.                                 Difficulty:  Beginner                                       Task:    You are Hercules, a male wolf.                             Can you find a moose and kill him in                        just 12 hours?                                      Object:   Survive one day.                                  Difficulty:  Intermediate                                   Task:    You are Mikhail, a male wolf.                              You killed a caribou and the hunters                        are after you.                                              Can you survive for one day?                        Object:   Survive without senses.                           Difficulty:  Expert                                         Task:    You are Deepwoods, a male wolf.                            You are old and your senses have failed.                    Can you survive for two days?                       Object:   Keep your cubs alive.                             Difficulty:  Intermediate                                   Task:    You are Graytips, a female wolf.                           Can you keep your cubs alive for                            one week?                                           Object:   Caribou group hunt.                               Difficulty:  Intermediate                                   Task:    You are Snarls, a male wolf.                               You have just 12 hours to follow the                        caribou group hunt, watch how they kill                     caribou, and eat the prey when it is killed.        Object:   Find a partner with whom to mate.                 Difficulty:  Intermediate                                   Task:    You are Hercules, a male wolf.                             Can you find an alpha female in just                        two days?                                           Object:   Kill a hare.                                      Difficulty:  Beginner                                       Task:    You are Glidepath, an injured wolf.                        Can you kill a hare in just one day?                Object:   Find the pack.                                    Difficulty:  Intermediate                                   Task:    You are Snowbound, an old injured male                     wolf.                                                       Can you find your pack in just two days?            Object:   Survive one week.                                 Difficulty:  Intermediate                                   Task:    You are Jewel, an old female wolf.                         Can you survive one week?                           Object:   Migrate your pack.                                Difficulty:  Intermediate                                   Task:    You are Hercules, an alpha male wolf.                      Your pack killed all the animals in                         the area.                                                   Can you migrate your pack into a new                        area with sufficient animals in just                        one week?                                           Object:   Kill a mighty musk ox.                            Difficulty:  Expert                                         Task:    You are Starspeak, a female wolf.                          Can you kill a musk oxen in one week?               Object:   Rise to alpha status.                             Difficulty:  Expert                                         Task:    You are Splash, a young wolf.                              Can you rise to alpha in one month?    

SORRY: It was formated like that. Anyways, I remembered the first names on this list: Mikhail, Splash and Jewel. I came on a different forum, and saw a picture. Of a wolf profile. A wolf named JEWEL. With the same exact goals, etc. This creeped me out. I found other things, but this is my main thing I found. Could anyone help me? Has THIS happened to anyone else? I really wanna crack this code; it seems like a creepypasta thing, I dunno. It'd be cool, but seriously, if you know ANYTHING, or have any questions/ suggestions, PLEASE ANSWER ME. I NEED HELP.

*I looked back through the dates, and they ALL, I repeat, ALL FILES say 2/14/1998, at the same time: 10:07. No, wait, some of them called SCEN. Are made a minute later, at 10:08. All except for one, called NOSE. That one is made on 8/29/2013, at 6:16. It looks the same, just facts and info about the wolf...I seriously need help. I'm getting more and more scared, I don't even know why...Please help me..
Back to top Go down
Chloethegreat

Chloethegreat

Number of posts : 1191
Registration date : 2012-07-24

PostSubject: Re: WOLF plan files on my laptop?!?   WOLF plan files on my laptop?!? Icon_minitime15/11/13, 10:35 pm

Oh~ I love creepy pastas! Looks like you should be writing this down so you don't forget, soon that creepy wolf head will suddenly appear on the screen with a loud growl and will forever damage your computer and mind!

XD I'm just joking, that isn't possible. Anyway - don't get freaked out about the Jewel wolf thing. That should be there. But the files.. I'm not sure about. But it's definitely not a virus.

The dates the files were apparently 'created' I'm not sure about. The game was made in 1994, so it's not too surprising. (Heck, I've got an Xbox game that was made in 2011, and sometimes it glitches out and says the days the files were made were 2005..) It may just be a simple error.

But I'll have to agree; this is quite creepy how they just suddenly appeared on your computer screen..

Can you actually play the game? Or have you not attempted that yet?
Back to top Go down
Please_Help_ME

PostSubject: Re: WOLF plan files on my laptop?!?   WOLF plan files on my laptop?!? Icon_minitime03/12/13, 10:37 pm

Chloethegreat wrote:
Can you actually play the game? Or have you not attempted that yet?
First off, thanks for replying!
Continuing the topic, no I have not tried. All the files are either note files or files I cannot open, and do not have an image to represent what it needs to open. I've only put the files in a temporary folder, and I am hoping to figure a way to play it.
Because, come on, who wouldn't wanna play WOLF?
But I do find it strange that the dates are after they created/published the game, even if it is a glitch.
Back to top Go down
Kouga
Programmer
Programmer
Kouga

Number of posts : 675
Registration date : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: WOLF plan files on my laptop?!?   WOLF plan files on my laptop?!? Icon_minitime03/12/13, 11:58 pm

We all know WOLF has a mind on it's own, but this is ridiculous o_O Files don't just appear on any screen. That file you showed us was a scenario-file btw. You could put all files into a folder. That'd probably solve the problem. Suspect 
Back to top Go down
https://wolf-forum.rpg-board.net
Chloethegreat

Chloethegreat

PostSubject: Re: WOLF plan files on my laptop?!?   WOLF plan files on my laptop?!? Icon_minitime04/12/13, 10:47 pm

This is very unusual. O.o

Looks like the creators put in a secret Easter egg before they disbanded. XD

I would rather download it again. XP The files could just become corrupt, and it might take a while. :3 But I don't know, try what Inu said and put it in a folder; hopefully it'll fix it and it won't do other weird stuff. XP

If it doesn't work, just delete everything and replace the files. Hope everything works out for you. C:
Back to top Go down
Please_Help_ME

PostSubject: Re: WOLF plan files on my laptop?!?   WOLF plan files on my laptop?!? Icon_minitime06/12/13, 05:38 am

https://i.servimg.com/u/f57/18/64/46/14/w_i_t12.jpg

That's a snip of the folder w/ all/most of the programs and notes.
But yea, as I said, almost every single folder is a note or a 'thing' can't open.
I thought about it, and here's a snip of some of the kinds of programs/notes/etc in the folder:

https://i.servimg.com/u/f57/18/64/46/14/somewo11.jpg

Okay. Dude.
Idonotknowanythingaboutcreatingprograms,programming,andetc.
So if you know anything that I could try so I could play, delete, download, or whatever, please post any directions.
Thanks so much for replying!
Back to top Go down
Kouga
Programmer
Programmer
Kouga

Number of posts : 675
Registration date : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: WOLF plan files on my laptop?!?   WOLF plan files on my laptop?!? Icon_minitime06/12/13, 06:09 am

Looks like a regular WOLF folder to me.. Should work with DosBox. Just install DosBox and drag WOLF.EXE on DosBox.exe..
Back to top Go down
https://wolf-forum.rpg-board.net
Chloethegreat

Chloethegreat

PostSubject: Re: WOLF plan files on my laptop?!?   WOLF plan files on my laptop?!? Icon_minitime06/12/13, 05:16 pm

Yeah.

Just make sure you download the correct dosbox for your type of computer.

You can find the downloads here.

After you've done that, you can post for more help if you need it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WOLF plan files on my laptop?!?   WOLF plan files on my laptop?!? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WOLF plan files on my laptop?!?
Page 1 of 1