Raven-Woods Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raven-Woods Forum

A site made by and for fans of good simulation games.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Talk About LION

Go down 
+9
Centuries
zelda0909
Lukai
Zak
Cazanna
Kouga
mapi
Cebana
HappygirlXD
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
HappygirlXD

HappygirlXD

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2009-11-28

Talk About LION Empty
PostSubject: Talk About LION   Talk About LION Icon_minitime17/12/10, 10:48 pm

Talk about LION here! I also have a few questions:
  • If you are a nomad, how do you take over a pride?

• What is the mating season?
Back to top Go down
http://www.warriorterritory.webs.com/
Cebana
Support
Support
Cebana

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2009-10-13

Talk About LION Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talk About LION   Talk About LION Icon_minitime18/12/10, 02:12 am

HappygirlXD wrote:

The only nomad lion that can take over a pride. Is Bob. You just fight the other male(s) a few times and you should get control.

As for mating seasons, it's random. Some last one day to three or four.

But that's from my experience.
Back to top Go down
http://www.livestream.com/twischannel
mapi

mapi

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2010-01-16

Talk About LION Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talk About LION   Talk About LION Icon_minitime18/12/10, 08:31 am

wave I have some questions:

1. how many times you have to mate in the game to be pregnant?
2. how long it takes the female giving birth?
3. can pass the time while a female is pregnant?

thanks in advance and sorry for my English Razz
Back to top Go down
Kouga
Programmer
Programmer
Kouga

Number of posts : 675
Registration date : 2008-08-28

Talk About LION Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talk About LION   Talk About LION Icon_minitime18/12/10, 01:01 pm

1. Until the female doesn't rollover anymore ;D Though that's no guarantee for cubs..
2. 110 days
3. I don't know.. when I did I never got cubs XD
Back to top Go down
https://wolf-forum.rpg-board.net
mapi

mapi

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2010-01-16

Talk About LION Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talk About LION   Talk About LION Icon_minitime18/12/10, 04:09 pm

Inuyasha22 wrote:
1. Until the female doesn't rollover anymore ;D Though that's no guarantee for cubs..
2. 110 days
3. I don't know.. when I did I never got cubs XD

thanks Very Happy
Back to top Go down
HappygirlXD

HappygirlXD

Talk About LION Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talk About LION   Talk About LION Icon_minitime18/12/10, 04:42 pm

Cebana wrote:
HappygirlXD wrote:

The only nomad lion that can take over a pride. Is Bob. You just fight the other male(s) a few times and you should get control.

As for mating seasons, it's random. Some last one day to three or four.

But that's from my experience.

Thanks! I remember one time went I went into a game, I could mate in the first day.
Lol, hyenas hunt you in the game! I lead a huge hyena race!
Back to top Go down
Cazanna
Support
Support
Cazanna

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2009-12-18

Talk About LION Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talk About LION   Talk About LION Icon_minitime24/12/10, 03:13 pm

Cebana wrote:

Not true, all nomad lions can get a pride. Males can get a pride by fighting or mating with lions. Females with fighting.
Back to top Go down
Cebana
Support
Support
Cebana

Talk About LION Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talk About LION   Talk About LION Icon_minitime25/12/10, 12:07 am

Cazanna wrote:
Cebana wrote:

Not true, all nomad lions can get a pride. Males can get a pride by fighting or mating with lions. Females with fighting.

In lion, if you look at his details. It says 'bob is the only nomad that can take over a pride.' Or something of that sort.
Back to top Go down
Zak
Beta-Tester
Beta-Tester
Zak

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2010-06-29

Talk About LION Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talk About LION   Talk About LION Icon_minitime25/12/10, 03:08 pm

Cebana wrote:
Cazanna wrote:
Cebana wrote:

In lion, if you look at his details. It says 'bob is the only nomad that can take over a pride.' Or something of that sort.
er lmao never knew that o.o i took over a pride with Hercules too
Back to top Go down
Lukai
Beta-Tester
Beta-Tester
Lukai

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2010-03-05

Talk About LION Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talk About LION   Talk About LION Icon_minitime25/12/10, 03:38 pm

Yeah I faught those three lionesses as Maji's daughter, Kalani after the whole pride died and became leader of the three.
:3 I made the whole pride go after hyenas and eventually they all died, one after another. :\ So Kalani and her sister/brother(a cub) wondered around alone until I found three lionesses. I had Kalani fight them and they became part of my pride. :3
Back to top Go down
Zak
Beta-Tester
Beta-Tester
Zak

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2010-06-29

Talk About LION Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talk About LION   Talk About LION Icon_minitime25/12/10, 04:38 pm

Lukai wrote:
Yeah I faught those three lionesses as Maji's daughter, Kalani after the whole pride died and became leader of the three.
:3 I made the whole pride go after hyenas and eventually they all died, one after another. :\ So Kalani and her sister/brother(a cub) wondered around alone until I found three lionesses. I had Kalani fight them and they became part of my pride. :3
hyenas are evilll Evil or Very Mad lmao they're easy to kill though, but yes, if theres enough space in the pride, that should happen (i had that happen when i attacked a group or 2 females just to chase them off and they joined me >.< lmao)
Back to top Go down
HappygirlXD

HappygirlXD

Talk About LION Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talk About LION   Talk About LION Icon_minitime25/12/10, 07:44 pm

You know, if you kill a hyena, you can eat it? Yeah, XD. You can also eat the carcasses of dead lions.
You can take over a pride by mating? O.o I just fight the lead male until I win the pride.
Back to top Go down
zelda0909

zelda0909

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2011-01-29

Talk About LION Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talk About LION   Talk About LION Icon_minitime16/02/11, 02:37 am

HappygirlXD wrote:
You know, if you kill a hyena, you can eat it? Yeah, XD. You can also eat the carcasses of dead lions.
You can take over a pride by mating? O.o I just fight the lead male until I win the pride.

orly? i never new you could eat other lions. canniblism! lol. would a lion actully eat another lion if prey was scarce enough?
Back to top Go down
Cebana
Support
Support
Cebana

Talk About LION Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talk About LION   Talk About LION Icon_minitime16/02/11, 11:28 pm

zelda0909 wrote:
HappygirlXD wrote:

orly? i never new you could eat other lions. canniblism! lol. would a lion actully eat another lion if prey was scarce enough?

Male lions tend to do this, when they newly take over a pride, it's not unheard of.
Back to top Go down
Centuries

Centuries

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2011-11-17

Talk About LION Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talk About LION   Talk About LION Icon_minitime29/01/12, 11:45 pm

In LION, you can eat anything you kill. It instantly becomes a carcass. Cool, right? :3
Back to top Go down
ChickenPaste
Model Artist
Model Artist
ChickenPaste

Number of posts : 738
Registration date : 2012-08-03

Talk About LION Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talk About LION   Talk About LION Icon_minitime15/08/12, 11:48 pm

Cebana wrote:
zelda0909 wrote:
HappygirlXD wrote:

Male lions tend to do this, when they newly take over a pride, it's not unheard of.

I saw this thing on Animal Planet (on Big Cat Diary, I think ) where this lion cub died, and the mother ate its body and then just happily played with her other cubs. O.O It's sort of like bears, I guess. The male bears look for unguarded cubs to eat. Kinda sad, even for such a morbid person like myself (I enjoy picking up dead squirrels and looking at their bodies decay)...
Back to top Go down
Cebana
Support
Support
Cebana

Talk About LION Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talk About LION   Talk About LION Icon_minitime16/08/12, 12:07 pm

ChickenPaste wrote:
Cebana wrote:
zelda0909 wrote:
HappygirlXD wrote:

I saw this thing on Animal Planet (on Big Cat Diary, I think ) where this lion cub died, and the mother ate its body and then just happily played with her other cubs. O.O It's sort of like bears, I guess. The male bears look for unguarded cubs to eat. Kinda sad, even for such a morbid person like myself (I enjoy picking up dead squirrels and looking at their bodies decay)...

The cub wouldn't survive, reason for the mother doing this.
Back to top Go down
ChickenPaste
Model Artist
Model Artist
ChickenPaste

Talk About LION Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talk About LION   Talk About LION Icon_minitime25/08/12, 07:24 pm

I know, but it's still kinda sad, but in another perspective funny. XD
Back to top Go down
Cebana
Support
Support
Cebana

Talk About LION Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talk About LION   Talk About LION Icon_minitime25/08/12, 07:27 pm

ChickenPaste wrote:
I know, but it's still kinda sad, but in another perspective funny. XD

How on earth is it funny, if it depends on the survival of the cub?
Back to top Go down
ChickenPaste
Model Artist
Model Artist
ChickenPaste

Talk About LION Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talk About LION   Talk About LION Icon_minitime25/08/12, 07:47 pm

I'm sorry. Honestly, I come from a family with a weird sense of humor. I never meant to imply that it was a BAD thing, just something in MY mind thought it was funny to see a lion eating a cub. I'm sorry if I offended your ideas, but that's why I said "in another perspective."
Back to top Go down
Cebana
Support
Support
Cebana

Talk About LION Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talk About LION   Talk About LION Icon_minitime26/08/12, 01:28 am

ChickenPaste wrote:
I'm sorry. Honestly, I come from a family with a weird sense of humor. I never meant to imply that it was a BAD thing, just something in MY mind thought it was funny to see a lion eating a cub. I'm sorry if I offended your ideas, but that's why I said "in another perspective."

Never said you offended me, it''s just odd someone would see this as something 'funny'.

But the cub eating happens all the time, when new males take over a pride. They kill off all the cubs, some have been known to eat them.
Back to top Go down
ChickenPaste
Model Artist
Model Artist
ChickenPaste

Talk About LION Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talk About LION   Talk About LION Icon_minitime28/08/12, 12:25 am

A friendly correction, but the mother was eating the cub, not a male. But I think I remember it was either a male or a stampeding wildebeast or something that killed the cub.

BTW, on an off-topic note, I heard Halftail the leopard died on that show. She was shot and killed after stealing livestock from the Masai. I almost cried. 3:
Back to top Go down
Cebana
Support
Support
Cebana

Talk About LION Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talk About LION   Talk About LION Icon_minitime28/08/12, 07:59 pm

ChickenPaste wrote:
A friendly correction, but the mother was eating the cub, not a male. But I think I remember it was either a male or a stampeding wildebeast or something that killed the cub.

BTW, on an off-topic note, I heard Halftail the leopard died on that show. She was shot and killed after stealing livestock from the Masai. I almost cried. 3:

You miss-read what I said, suggest reading it again.

As for that, well it happens. They don't take kindly to predators killing their livestock.
Back to top Go down
ChickenPaste
Model Artist
Model Artist
ChickenPaste

Talk About LION Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talk About LION   Talk About LION Icon_minitime29/08/12, 12:02 am

Yeah, I know... It's just, I've watched that show for years, and to hear one of my favorite cats on it died is just so... heartbreaking...
Back to top Go down
Spiritwolf

Spiritwolf

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2012-05-20

Talk About LION Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talk About LION   Talk About LION Icon_minitime31/10/12, 05:04 am

I just started playing Lion today.

I' ve been meaning too for a LONG time, but didn't know how to download it right. Then found a site that helped a LOT. >u<

Woo~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Talk About LION Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talk About LION   Talk About LION Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Talk About LION
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next