Raven-Woods Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raven-Woods Forum

A site made by and for fans of good simulation games.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

A Few Tips. ;3

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Centuries

Centuries

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2011-11-17

A Few Tips. ;3 Empty
PostSubject: A Few Tips. ;3   A Few Tips. ;3 Icon_minitime26/01/12, 01:50 am

These are just some tips I picked up on LION that most of you serious LION-players probably already know, but I just thought I'd put them out there for newer members. ^.^

1. Although there is no set mating season, I've found that starting in the Nov.-Dec. rainy season with abundant prey and low poaches makes mating time pretty soon. As in, the next day soon. xD

2. When mating (I think Cebana might've already mentioned this) clicking on the hind end of the other lion, near the tail, seems to provide better results.

3. I don't know how many times I need to say this: Don't go after a pack of hyenas! They will kill you!

The fastest way to advance time is to use one lion (but have one or two other lions in the pride) as a 'main character' of sorts. Kill prey near a river and use the time/hours speeding option (the Earth in the spacebar menu) until your lion is too low on thirst and hunger to continue using that. Let them get a drink and then switch lions and wait for your original lion to kill something, then go back to it and repeat.

5. Don't stop at the first mating (Zak has repeated this over and over ;3) because it's unlikely for you to get cubs from that. Mate many times, until, after a few days, the other lion absolutely refuses to mate with you. Rejection. Razz

6. Always keep water in the map; most of the prey hangs around water anyways. Don't go on any wild expeditions, because you will most likely die of thirst, since water is extremely hard to come by once you're away from the main river.

7. Poachers cannot be killed (they shoot you before you get close enough) so don't approach them. The difference on the map between a Masai cattle-man and a poacher is that the Masai guys will always have cattle with them. Masai men are killable.

8. If times are hard, play as your least favorite pride lion and kill yourself. Your other lions will be able to eat the dead lion.

9. When it's raining, that doesn't mean you can go away from water. Unlike in WOLF, in LION you cannot drink the rain. Sorry about that.

10. I think this is probably just me, but from my experience, mating is easier when you're a lioness.

And that's it for now!
Back to top Go down
Zak
Beta-Tester
Beta-Tester
Zak

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2010-06-29

A Few Tips. ;3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Few Tips. ;3   A Few Tips. ;3 Icon_minitime31/01/12, 11:55 am

Hyenas are easy to kill if you know the trick ;p.
You just have to be careful on how you approach them. If one is slightly... how to say it... slightly outside of the group, get close to that one and have them chase you. When they stop, go back and have them chase again. You should lose some at one point. I'm not sure about two (haven't played LION for a good while now), but one is not enough to even attack you, so when the rest start going back, and you have only one behind you, just kill it (they slow down when they're alone... so they just walk). Do the same for the rest. Sounds complicated, or hard, but it isn't really. It's pretty quick too. You just have to keep running, and swiftly go back after them when they stop.
Something else i've noticed (again i haven't played in ages... it needs to be tested first) is that you never lose any stamina/energy when running (not attacking... running) during the night.
Back to top Go down
Centuries

Centuries

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2011-11-17

A Few Tips. ;3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Few Tips. ;3   A Few Tips. ;3 Icon_minitime31/01/12, 11:47 pm

Huh. Never noticed that. Another thing I noticed about killing hyenas is that if there's a pack of them by water, they go down one at a time to the water. Just kill them until there's one left, then go and kill it, too. Yum- hyena meat.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A Few Tips. ;3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Few Tips. ;3   A Few Tips. ;3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Few Tips. ;3
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Raven-Woods Forum :: Sanctuary Woods :: LION :: Support-
Jump to: