Raven-Woods Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raven-Woods Forum

A site made by and for fans of good simulation games.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Not Sure How To Do This

Go down 
+2
ChickenPaste
Littlefroggie
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Littlefroggie

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2012-11-07

Not Sure How To Do This Empty
PostSubject: Not Sure How To Do This   Not Sure How To Do This Icon_minitime07/11/12, 10:33 pm

Sorry if I put this in the wrong place.
I am new and have a question. When I try to play it says: Server Offline
How do I turn it online? Once again, sorry if this is in the wrong place.
My other question is...
I downloaded the game on my laptop. Then my laptop started being stupid so I shut it off. I refuse to use it for games because of how stupid it is. I downloaded it onto my other computer and now it says:

Run-time error '399':
Component 'MSCOMCT3N.OCX' or one of it's dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid

What should I do about that? Re-install it?

Last edited by Littlefroggie on 07/11/12, 10:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Not Sure How To Do This   Not Sure How To Do This Icon_minitime07/11/12, 10:43 pm

Okay you need the Client.
Back to top Go down
Littlefroggie

PostSubject: Re: Not Sure How To Do This   Not Sure How To Do This Icon_minitime08/11/12, 02:26 am

Um... I know this will make me sound either stupid or rude but I don't mean to be rude. I am probably stupid though, at least computer wise. When I downloaded WOLF online I got two shortcuts on my desktop. Wolf Online - Client and Wolf Online Server.
When I tried server a bunch of confusing stuff showed up so i Xed out. Then I tried client. I registered and typed in my INFO. I noticed it said server offline but tried anyways. It wouldn't let me. So I used client if that is what you mean. Sorry, I'm probably being a pain.
Back to top Go down
ChickenPaste
Model Artist
Model Artist
ChickenPaste

Number of posts : 738
Registration date : 2012-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Not Sure How To Do This   Not Sure How To Do This Icon_minitime08/11/12, 04:51 am

1. Open the server. Don't mind the confusing stuff, lol.
2. Leave the server open.
3. Right-click the client icon and click "Run as administrator." This way it won't get all runtime-errory on you.
4. If you keep them both open, it should work. :D

Someone should really make a sticky for this. Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE is running into this problem. What we really need is a big topic with solutions to every problem that has one. And I'm upset that my problem, after days of discussion, has never been solved and has been pretty much been abandoned. Thanks, support team. >:/
Back to top Go down
Chloethegreat

Chloethegreat

Number of posts : 1191
Registration date : 2012-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Not Sure How To Do This   Not Sure How To Do This Icon_minitime08/11/12, 06:01 pm

ChickenPaste wrote:
3. Right-click the client icon and click "Run as administrator." This way it won't get all runtime-errory on you.
4. If you keep them both open, it should work. Very Happy

Someone should really make a sticky for this. Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE is running into this problem. What we really need is a big topic with solutions to every problem that has one. And I'm upset that my problem, after days of discussion, has never been solved and has been pretty much been abandoned. Thanks, support team. >:/
I agree completely! Mad
And ask again if you need more help BTW :3
Back to top Go down
Littlefroggie

PostSubject: Re: Not Sure How To Do This   Not Sure How To Do This Icon_minitime08/11/12, 09:50 pm

Thank you so much! You guys are the best Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Chloethegreat

Chloethegreat

PostSubject: Re: Not Sure How To Do This   Not Sure How To Do This Icon_minitime08/11/12, 10:30 pm

Littlefroggie wrote:
Thank you so much! You guys are the best Very Happy

We get this all the time, :3 we all say that's ok, your welcome. XD
Back to top Go down
ChickenPaste
Model Artist
Model Artist
ChickenPaste

PostSubject: Re: Not Sure How To Do This   Not Sure How To Do This Icon_minitime09/11/12, 03:33 am

Chloethegreat wrote:
ChickenPaste wrote:
4. If you keep them both open, it should work. :D

I agree completely! :x
And ask again if you need more help BTW :3

Read all the posts to this. Inuyasha was helping me, but for some reason she stopped. :c

And you're welcome, random frog citizen of smallness. :3
Back to top Go down
Kouga
Programmer
Programmer
Kouga

Number of posts : 675
Registration date : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Not Sure How To Do This   Not Sure How To Do This Icon_minitime09/11/12, 11:52 am

Quote :
Inuyasha was helping me, but for some reason she stopped. :c

I did o_O? Oh my... My memory isn't the best anymore as it seems.. damn my single-tracked mind xD Hm, maybe I stopped helping because I couldn't think of a valid and helping answer beside "shouldn't happen" or something.
Sorry about it.

By the way; stickied the topic Razz
Back to top Go down
https://wolf-forum.rpg-board.net
ChickenPaste
Model Artist
Model Artist
ChickenPaste

PostSubject: Re: Not Sure How To Do This   Not Sure How To Do This Icon_minitime10/11/12, 02:04 am

Lol, thanks. XD And sorry I was being all passive-aggressive with my annoyance.
Back to top Go down
Chloethegreat

Chloethegreat

PostSubject: Re: Not Sure How To Do This   Not Sure How To Do This Icon_minitime10/11/12, 11:50 am

Yay now if people are clever enough they will look here first. Smile
Back to top Go down
Kouga
Programmer
Programmer
Kouga

PostSubject: Re: Not Sure How To Do This   Not Sure How To Do This Icon_minitime10/11/12, 03:22 pm

ChickenPaste wrote:
Lol, thanks. XD And sorry I was being all passive-aggressive with my annoyance.

Not more than GlaDOS :3
Back to top Go down
ChickenPaste
Model Artist
Model Artist
ChickenPaste

PostSubject: Re: Not Sure How To Do This   Not Sure How To Do This Icon_minitime10/11/12, 04:54 pm

Lol. So true.
Back to top Go down
anonymoushood

anonymoushood

Registration date : 2012-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Not Sure How To Do This   Not Sure How To Do This Icon_minitime12/11/12, 08:52 am

3. Right-click the client icon and click "Run as administrator." This way it won't get all runtime-errory.

that part doesn't work for me Shocked weird its the same problem and it doesn't work?

Back to top Go down
Kouga
Programmer
Programmer
Kouga

PostSubject: Re: Not Sure How To Do This   Not Sure How To Do This Icon_minitime12/11/12, 12:08 pm

... don't say "won't work", say HOW.
Back to top Go down
ChickenPaste
Model Artist
Model Artist
ChickenPaste

PostSubject: Re: Not Sure How To Do This   Not Sure How To Do This Icon_minitime12/11/12, 06:08 pm

So that's TWO things in this house that won't work...

Two things that WON'T WORK.

Sorry. I had to.
Back to top Go down
kaityk55

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2012-11-18

PostSubject: Re: Not Sure How To Do This   Not Sure How To Do This Icon_minitime18/11/12, 05:20 pm

I have the same issue...maybe. I don't have any administrative password set so it won't let me log in. And yes, I have search around this forum and did everything from the library files to trying this administrative thing. For some reason, when I first brought the client and server and stuff up, I went in to the Options and did something (I think I just pulled down the server language thing and click English even though it was already select) and the server was momentarily online. Then I was very stupid and did some other things and then the whole thing shut down. Now I can't even click the options without an error popping up. My parents are convinced that this is some scam because it just is honestly not working. Also, some "test your computer speed" thing came up, which I was certain had a virus or something. Please help because this game looks so cool!
Back to top Go down
Chloethegreat

Chloethegreat

PostSubject: Re: Not Sure How To Do This   Not Sure How To Do This Icon_minitime18/11/12, 06:05 pm

Well it is not a scam, and it will be your computer. It wont be WO's fault.

Didn't you try this?
https://wolf-forum.rpg-board.net/t810-path-way-access-error

Last edited by Chloethegreat on 17/11/13, 12:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
kaityk55

PostSubject: Re: Not Sure How To Do This   Not Sure How To Do This Icon_minitime18/11/12, 07:14 pm

I think so, but I just clicked the desktop client/server so perhaps I have to dig a little deeper into my files for the correct stuff. I really hope that works, but first I have to convince my parents to let me download it again.
Back to top Go down
Chloethegreat

Chloethegreat

PostSubject: Re: Not Sure How To Do This   Not Sure How To Do This Icon_minitime18/11/12, 08:59 pm

Your parents are really bossy lol XD Jk, maybe re download it and fix the download? It helped me.
Back to top Go down
kaityk55

PostSubject: Re: Not Sure How To Do This   Not Sure How To Do This Icon_minitime21/11/12, 01:16 pm

How do you fix the download?

Well, I finally downloaded it this morning, clicked the .exe stuff, went to the compatability tab, and voila! there's no run as adminstrator. So I started up the client anyways. I clicked on the setting like last time (they actually worked now) and I enabled movies. I went back and server online! I went into the game and was testing out the different controls. Must of pushed a wrong button 'cause it shut down and now when I try to go to the handy dandy Options (server was off again), it shuts down and give me error 380. I'm just gonna say that my computer is Windows XP if that has to so with anything. Does any of this sound familiar?
Back to top Go down
ChickenPaste
Model Artist
Model Artist
ChickenPaste

PostSubject: Re: Not Sure How To Do This   Not Sure How To Do This Icon_minitime21/11/12, 06:49 pm

You don't go to the compatibility tab. You open the server.exe (LEAVE IT OPEN), right-click the client.exe, and click "Run as administrator."
Back to top Go down
kaityk55

PostSubject: Re: Not Sure How To Do This   Not Sure How To Do This Icon_minitime21/11/12, 09:53 pm

I tried that, but I don't have a password set and it won't let me go on for some reason without one and it sounds like setting that password prevents from doing a lot on your computer or something. I don't know! It's all so yucky!
Back to top Go down
Chloethegreat

Chloethegreat

PostSubject: Re: Not Sure How To Do This   Not Sure How To Do This Icon_minitime21/11/12, 10:08 pm

Password? What password exactly?? scratch
Back to top Go down
kaityk55

PostSubject: Re: Not Sure How To Do This   Not Sure How To Do This Icon_minitime22/11/12, 12:38 am

An adminstrative password...to run the client as adminstrator. It won't let me do it unless I have a password for the adminstrator. Also, my normal computer account is called the computer administrator so should that work? Again, my computer has Windows XP if that has anything to do with it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Not Sure How To Do This   Not Sure How To Do This Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Not Sure How To Do This
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Raven-Woods Forum :: The Team :: WOLF Online :: Support-
Jump to: