Raven-Woods Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raven-Woods Forum

A site made by and for fans of good simulation games.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Fan Ideas for WOLF Online

Go down 
+30
Ambaralis
Saige8
Kalde
SilentEcho
Cazanna
Nightsong
Gigi
Danny Phantom Fan
Rozel
Zak
Teego
Night
Nightshade
Hazze
hello
Lukai
willow
WhiteWolf
Arctos_Howling
PapaYasha
gozoo
Rafe
Doom Dragon
Cebana
HappygirlXD
Custard
Unidentified
Kouga
Rumour~Wolf
Alcuzeyk
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Kouga
Programmer
Programmer
Kouga

Number of posts : 675
Registration date : 2008-08-28

Fan Ideas for WOLF Online - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fan Ideas for WOLF Online   Fan Ideas for WOLF Online - Page 2 Icon_minitime26/12/09, 11:35 am

Nope. You can't MAKE the PLAYERS run just because you bark. That'd be some serious exploit! Don't forget, Wolf Online will be based on human players. No computer controlled wolves.
Back to top Go down
https://wolf-forum.rpg-board.net
Rumour~Wolf

Rumour~Wolf

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-12-06

PostSubject: Re: Fan Ideas for WOLF Online   Fan Ideas for WOLF Online - Page 2 Icon_minitime28/12/09, 03:06 am

Inuyasha22 wrote:
Nope. You can't MAKE the PLAYERS run just because you bark. That'd be some serious exploit! Don't forget, Wolf Online will be based on human players. No computer controlled wolves.

Oh, yes! I'd forgotten! -shot-
Back to top Go down
http://warbetweenwolves.proboards.com
Kouga
Programmer
Programmer
Kouga

PostSubject: Re: Fan Ideas for WOLF Online   Fan Ideas for WOLF Online - Page 2 Icon_minitime28/12/09, 09:08 am

But maybe barking will be in Razz Without posing though.
Back to top Go down
Unidentified

Unidentified

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2009-11-29

PostSubject: Re: Fan Ideas for WOLF Online   Fan Ideas for WOLF Online - Page 2 Icon_minitime30/12/09, 04:30 am

More Questions:

1. Since we are playing with other players, can we chat? (Not that I want to... I really don't want to chat.)
2. If we choose the option to be a pup, do we 'Magiclly grow up,' or grow up slowly, pixel by pixel or something.
3. Can we choose the color of our wolf and name it. (Sorry if this was already mentioned.)
4. Are there mean animals? (Bears, hounds, etc.)
5. Are there more prey? (Like sheep, witch are like cow, and and maybe chicken pens that we can raid?)
6. Can we growl? (Like, press 'O' to growl, maybe?)
7. Are there, like, camping sites or somthing?
8. Are there servers, because, most people's computers are slow? (Including mine.)
9. Is the options, since we are playing with other players, already set? (Like weather, how many humans there are, etc.)
10. Are there indians? (I doubt it.)
11. In the spring or somthing, can the prey have bears (If there is bears, I mean.) can have cubs\calves?
12. Can livestock cow have calves, too?

Sorry I have so many questions, I was just playing WOLF.
Back to top Go down
Kouga
Programmer
Programmer
Kouga

PostSubject: Re: Fan Ideas for WOLF Online   Fan Ideas for WOLF Online - Page 2 Icon_minitime30/12/09, 09:27 am

1. Since we are playing with other players, can we chat? (Not that I want to... I really don't want to chat.)
- There'll be a poll about this Smile For now it's still ingame and if everyone (or a big part of it) is against chatting it'll be removed right before the release

2. If we choose the option to be a pup, do we 'Magiclly grow up,' or grow up slowly, pixel by pixel or something.
- Yeah, there'll be short movie showing you grow up. After that your wolf is adult.

3. Can we choose the color of our wolf and name it. (Sorry if this was already mentioned.)
- Sure.

- Yeah, though their AI isn't working right at the moment (none is << I wonder why..)

5. Are there more prey? (Like sheep, witch are like cow, and and maybe chicken pens that we can raid?)
- For now there only are horses. We found no style-matching sprites for chickens. But this could change any day by luck.

6. Can we growl? (Like, press 'O' to growl, maybe?)
You can threaten Very Happy That looks like 'raised tail, shown teeth, deep growling sound')

7. Are there, like, camping sites or somthing?
What?

8. Are there servers, because, most people's computers are slow? (Including mine.)
Yeah, if we find a good hoster (and a sponsor if the team doesn't want to carry the costs)

9. Is the options, since we are playing with other players, already set? (Like weather, how many humans there are, etc.)
- Weather changes depending on the server's mood <D It decides what weather there is and how many hunters there are. The world has a fixed size and the time doesn't run out.

10. Are there indians? (I doubt it.)
- Nope. What sense would that make oo?

11. In the spring or somthing, can the prey have bears (If there is bears, I mean.) can have cubs\calves?
- That's not too sure yet, since there's still a bug preventing several NPCs to show up on the map.
But once that's fixed, yeah, then it's quite possible.

12. Can livestock cow have calves, too?
- Maybe.
Back to top Go down
Unidentified

Unidentified

PostSubject: Re: Fan Ideas for WOLF Online   Fan Ideas for WOLF Online - Page 2 Icon_minitime30/12/09, 03:22 pm

OK, thanks!
Back to top Go down
Rumour~Wolf

Rumour~Wolf

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-12-06

PostSubject: Re: Fan Ideas for WOLF Online   Fan Ideas for WOLF Online - Page 2 Icon_minitime30/12/09, 06:15 pm

Unidentified wrote:

They're not mean. They just do what they HAVE to do to survive. In the hounds case, bred.
Back to top Go down
http://warbetweenwolves.proboards.com
Alcuzeyk
Reverse Engineer
Reverse Engineer
Alcuzeyk

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2009-09-25

PostSubject: Re: Fan Ideas for WOLF Online   Fan Ideas for WOLF Online - Page 2 Icon_minitime30/12/09, 09:41 pm

We are actually thinking about having farm areas in the plains region. We do have the horses and cows, and wild boars (not pigs), perhaps we can find other animals, but that all depends. If someone wants to try to make one, they are welcome too.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/linkslover25
Unidentified

Unidentified

PostSubject: Re: Fan Ideas for WOLF Online   Fan Ideas for WOLF Online - Page 2 Icon_minitime31/12/09, 04:20 am

Rumour~Wolf wrote:
Unidentified wrote:

They're not mean. They just do what they HAVE to do to survive. In the hounds case, bred.

Sorry, I wasn't thinking.
Back to top Go down
Lukai

PostSubject: Re: Fan Ideas for WOLF Online   Fan Ideas for WOLF Online - Page 2 Icon_minitime08/01/10, 07:39 pm

-Just stumbled upon this and has been reading the whole site all day xD-

Maybe a party Chat? Like, you have the option to invite people to your party and you have a separate chat box to talk in? I don't know how the chat box would work, but it might be helpful in RPs.
Back to top Go down
Alcuzeyk
Reverse Engineer
Reverse Engineer
Alcuzeyk

PostSubject: Re: Fan Ideas for WOLF Online   Fan Ideas for WOLF Online - Page 2 Icon_minitime08/01/10, 09:51 pm

Well, at this point we are debating on whether to have a chat box or not (think WQ's chat box, but you can talk to anyone on screen or your alpha (the alpha would be able to talk to anyone in the pack at any time)

But we may decide not to have one just because we have made enough options for people to communicate with other players. It would be more realistic to not have it, but it would certainly be easier on players who dont quite understand wolves to have it. But that is all up the in the air for now.

People shouldn't have too much of a need to RP though. This isn't like Wolfquest where there isnt anything to do. In this game, you will be doing all the things you do in RPs but for real (except powers and flying RPs of course) We are trying to replicate a real wolf's like, and we think we have more realism that WolfQuest at this point.
Back to top Go down
Kouga
Programmer
Programmer
Kouga

PostSubject: Re: Fan Ideas for WOLF Online   Fan Ideas for WOLF Online - Page 2 Icon_minitime09/01/10, 02:31 am

Alcuzeyk wrote:
Well, at this point we are debating on whether to have a chat box or not (think WQ's chat box, but you can talk to anyone on screen or your alpha (the alpha would be able to talk to anyone in the pack at any time)

But we may decide not to have one just because we have made enough options for people to communicate with other players. It would be more realistic to not have it, but it would certainly be easier on players who dont quite understand wolves to have it. But that is all up the in the air for now.

People shouldn't have too much of a need to RP though. This isn't like Wolfquest where there isnt anything to do. In this game, you will be doing all the things you do in RPs but for real (except powers and flying RPs of course) We are trying to replicate a real wolf's like, and we think we have more realism that WolfQuest at this point.

What's not too hard to accquire.. ehem.. If you take a close look then you see that they build upon quantity not quality. They put in functions their funds can take but then they're too short on money to debug everything.. Sometimes I think they'd been better off if they would've made the 2D version we're creating and we would've done something like WQ...
Back to top Go down
Cebana
Support
Support
Cebana

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2009-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Fan Ideas for WOLF Online   Fan Ideas for WOLF Online - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/01/10, 04:48 am

Alcuzeyk wrote:

Hm, WO sounds oddly more and more like Endless forest. (Aside from the forest magic, mind you.) With just interactions, no typing, not having to require anything els. (Aside from what you normally would do on, Wolf it self.) Something, just real, simple. To put it bluntly.
Back to top Go down
http://www.livestream.com/twischannel
Alcuzeyk
Reverse Engineer
Reverse Engineer
Alcuzeyk

PostSubject: Re: Fan Ideas for WOLF Online   Fan Ideas for WOLF Online - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/01/10, 04:37 pm

Yeah, without the chat box, it will seems sort of like the Endless Forest. but there will be more to do in ours. In that, you just interact with other players, but in WO you can fight them, mate with them, join and leave packs, but again the chat box is all up in the air for now. If a player wants to, they can simply open skype or some other messaging system and play the game that way if the chat box doesnt make it in game.
Back to top Go down
Lukai

PostSubject: Re: Fan Ideas for WOLF Online   Fan Ideas for WOLF Online - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/01/10, 08:16 pm

Well, many people on TLF will open a separate window like Skype, MSN, ect. and chat through that.

You could add a 'Windowed' option to WO so people that WANT to chat could just open a chat box of some sort and talk through there. That would solve the Party option and the chat box debate. xD
Back to top Go down
Lukai

PostSubject: Re: Fan Ideas for WOLF Online   Fan Ideas for WOLF Online - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/01/10, 08:17 pm

Sorry for the double post, but I meant TEF, not TLF. XD
-Needs to make an account .-. -
Back to top Go down
Kouga
Programmer
Programmer
Kouga

PostSubject: Re: Fan Ideas for WOLF Online   Fan Ideas for WOLF Online - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/01/10, 08:19 pm

xD You'll laugh.. there already is such an option. Though it makes graphics somewhat small.
I prefer fullscreen.
Back to top Go down
Lukai

PostSubject: Re: Fan Ideas for WOLF Online   Fan Ideas for WOLF Online - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/01/10, 08:27 pm

D'aww. Neutral Is there not a way to fix that?
Back to top Go down
Kouga
Programmer
Programmer
Kouga

PostSubject: Re: Fan Ideas for WOLF Online   Fan Ideas for WOLF Online - Page 2 Icon_minitime12/01/10, 12:24 am

Don't know oO' We'll see ^^' It's not too bad though. You can recongize everything..
Back to top Go down
Lukai

PostSubject: Re: Fan Ideas for WOLF Online   Fan Ideas for WOLF Online - Page 2 Icon_minitime12/01/10, 10:08 pm

Oh, well then don't waste your time on that. xD I can just suck it up and play as it is lol.
Back to top Go down
Lukai

PostSubject: Re: Fan Ideas for WOLF Online   Fan Ideas for WOLF Online - Page 2 Icon_minitime12/01/10, 10:30 pm

>.< Sorry for yet another double post but will you be having in-game Admins/Mods? -Is considering working her way up to maybe a mod position-
Back to top Go down
Cebana
Support
Support
Cebana

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2009-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Fan Ideas for WOLF Online   Fan Ideas for WOLF Online - Page 2 Icon_minitime13/01/10, 01:25 am

Lukai wrote:
>.< Sorry for yet another double post but will you be having in-game Admins/Mods? -Is considering working her way up to maybe a mod position-

It's likely, but not until we have multilayer. I believe.
Back to top Go down
http://www.livestream.com/twischannel
Alcuzeyk
Reverse Engineer
Reverse Engineer
Alcuzeyk

PostSubject: Re: Fan Ideas for WOLF Online   Fan Ideas for WOLF Online - Page 2 Icon_minitime13/01/10, 02:20 am

For right now, kouga and I will probably act as in game admins, but we are not sure if we are even going to need them. We are hoping that we wont have to censure players too much. Maybe if a player tries to kill too much, but we are going to measures to try and prevent that.

If the site gets bigger, which we are def. hoping it will, we may get some more admins and mods for it. Currently 2 seems to be enough, as there are not too many people online. But to become a mod, you ought to just try to make helpful posts and and point people in the right direction if they have a question.
Not too much of an issue now, while its so small, but again, we are hoping to get larger.
Back to top Go down
Kouga
Programmer
Programmer
Kouga

PostSubject: Re: Fan Ideas for WOLF Online   Fan Ideas for WOLF Online - Page 2 Icon_minitime13/01/10, 11:32 am

Maybe we'll use WOLF's system of prey extinction... a liter version of it though.
But it would make sure that territory owners keep watch over their area.
Or not hungry wolves won't be able to hunt, maybe another possible solution.

Without the ingame chatsystem it won't be possible to use inproper language, just 'Wolfish'.
But for the mod-chances it's that way;
Your chances are your work. If you deliver good work you have good chances.
And no, it's no negative that nobody sends any maps, the mapeditor is bugged till now
and I can't give out any usable version of it yet.
Back to top Go down
Doom Dragon
Beta-Tester
Beta-Tester
Doom Dragon

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2009-09-29

PostSubject: Re: Fan Ideas for WOLF Online   Fan Ideas for WOLF Online - Page 2 Icon_minitime14/01/10, 04:53 am

Well once the game becomes open to the public we should not get to carried away with ideas. I'm happy WO is even being made. Being to be able to go into the dens would be nice but what would be the point of that? Hmm idk...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fan Ideas for WOLF Online   Fan Ideas for WOLF Online - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fan Ideas for WOLF Online
Page 2 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next